Monday, January 2, 2012

Blog Beginnings

The first blog post is always the hardest.  Should I give my history/background?  How do I introduce myself?  Do I just jump in and start sharing things?  It's a lot of pressure, you know. 
I'm Kathryn.  (I introduced myself!) I am a wife, mom and step mom.  I used to have a job.  I survived the first downturn of the economy.  However, it has not picked up.  I did not survive the most recent "reductions" at my previous employer, so now I get to stay home with my toddler son while I search for a new job.  (There's the shortest version of my history I could manage!)
I'm diabetic.  It sucks, but I've managed it for 18 years.  I've been diabetic for more years than not.  (I shared!)  I don't plan to post too much about being diabetic, but as it is a large part of my life you should know about it.  It sneaks into just about everything, so this blog should be prepared for it. 

That's all you get for today.  The first blog post is so awkward.  Now that it's done, I feel much better about having started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment