Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Blues

Mondays suck for people who have to go to work, I've been there.  I get it.  What I didn't realize is that Mondays suck for people who stay home too.  I suppose this could only apply to me, and that's fine.  I'll re-phrase: Mondays suck for me. 

All weekend long, I get used to someone else being around and able to change a diaper, read the same book several times in a row, get *another* cracker.  (Seriously.  My kid survives on crackers and ketchup most of the time.)  Monday comes along, and it's just the little man and me.  Don't get me wrong, I love that kid more than I knew was possible.  We just have to adjust after waving bye to dada out the front window.  He looks at me and I swear he's thinking: "Oh, not you again.  What happened to going to play with those other kids all day?"  I'm afraid he's bored with me.  Even though we just got new toys a few weeks ago, I wish we had something more exciting to keep him entertained all day.  I keep looking for fun craft ideas, but they're either for older kids or involve a potential messy disaster. (i.e. finger paint)

I guess I'll just go blow up some more balloons.  He loves them, and didn't freak out when one popped.  Maybe it will save our Monday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment