Thursday, January 26, 2012

R - E - D, red.

Ooooh....I got crafty! 

I have seen several crafts out there that take advantage of the paint cards you can pick up wherever paint is sold.  However, I have not been interested in trying those crafts out, so I came up with one of my own. 

Colin is starting to recognize colors, thanks in part to Blue's Clues.  He knows that Blue is blue, and now he can pick out the color blue.  I decided that he should learn the rest of the colors, so I made him some flash cards using paint cards.  The store I picked them up from has larger cards with just one color, instead of the 4 or 5 hues on one long card.  This made it easier for me. 

Here's what you need:
Paint cards
Plain index cards
Colored markers (optional, you can use just black if you want)
Glue (I used rubber cement because I like it.  It's fun and reminds me of childhood.)
Scissors or a paper cutter (I used my scrapbook paper cutter.)



Here's what you do:

Cut out a color in whatever size you need to fit your index card.  My measurements were not exact, but they were just under 4 inches by just over 3 1/2 inches. 
Write the color on the bottom of the card.

Glue on color card.
Let dry.

Teach. 

I tried using them after they dried, but Colin thought they were to color on.  I distracted him and put them away.  We'll try again when the crayons have been put some place safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment