Thursday, January 12, 2012

Roller Coaster Day

This was not the day I expected yesterday:
(picture found with a Google images search and located here)


I had a good morning and felt good about things.  Times are tough, but we're managing and I felt like there were possibilities in the job market that could work.  Then I got an email informing me that a job I had interviewed, the one it had been narrowed down to another person and me, went to the other person.  Ugh.  That was enough right there to spin me upside down.  I had felt really good about the interview, and felt that I would enjoy working at that location. 

It turned out, it was enough to bring me down for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  I'm usually pretty good about managing emotional roller coasters and getting myself right side up, and feeling better.  But yesterday, I couldn't manage it.  I had a little pity party, I'm afraid, and didn't care to blog anything.  (sometimes I don't blog for a better reason, but yesterday there was no good excuse.)

Today, I feel better.  I'm still bummed about the job, but I've decided that if it didn't work out, then it was for a reason.  Something better is out there for me, even if I can't see it yet.  Here's to a day with more optimism and less self pity.  Besides, we have a playdate today and those are always fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment