Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Everything Hurts

I'm at the point in my goals to get fit that my workout has gotten harder.  As I mentioned here, my workouts started small and are getting progressively more difficult and longer.  They are starting to kick my butt.  I'm sore because of the chest flys I did yesterday with 5 pound weights.  FIVE POUNDS.  That's all!  Why am I so sore?!?  You'd think I was using 50 pound weights.  I'm sore because today I ran for 10 minutes (with only a 15 second pause to take some breaths and tell myself I could do this) straight. There was more to my workout today, but it was the running that did me in. 

Actually, the running for 10 minutes surprised me.  I didn't think I could do it, so I spent the entire time chanting with each step: I. Can. Do. This. I. Will. Get. Fit.  It actually worked.  I got through it.  My legs are sore now, but not that badly. 

I'm trying to remind myself that this takes time.  It will be a while before I see results.  I have no patience, so it's hard for me to stick with a fitness routine.  I'm determined this time, though.  I'm not sure what changed, but I know I'm tired of feeling badly about myself.  Now, I just need to tell myself every day that I can do this.  I will get fit.

Oh, and I'm up to 12 pounds lost, just in case anyone is keeping track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment