Monday, February 20, 2012

Winter Just Got Better

We've been having a mild winter so far.  We've had some snow, but it doesn't last.  Sledding/playing in the snow has only been possible with 2 snows, and the temperatures have been mild in between "snowstorms".  (That's in quotes because nothing quite qualifies for that word, yet.)

Today, we went to play outside.  We still had on coats, and I put on Colin's hat and mittens.  I tried to get him to take them off part way through playing, but he said no.  It was way too warm to be February 20th in Michigan, but we didn't mind. 

We were out for an hour and a half.  We walked around the block, rode a tricycle up and down the driveway, and used a sand shovel to dig at the tiny amount of snow left from the snowplow/snowblower piles of snow.  We even went over to the middle of our yard and the neighbors to play in their Little Tykes house and slide, as well as pick up sticks from their yard and drum them on the sandbox seats and their tree.  It's amazing how much fun that little boy can have with the oddest things. 

The best part of the adventure was that when we came back in the house, I took Colin's hat off, and he had the best hat hair I've ever seen.  He wouldn't sit still long enough to get a picture, but it was pretty awesome.  I couldn't stop laughing, and chasing him with the camera to try to capture it.  All I got were blurry, back of the head pictures.  I think he thought it was a game.  I'm so bummed I didn't get a picture.  I think only a lot of hair product will ever reproduce the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment