Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, readers!  I hope your day has been filled with a little love and joy.  Mine has been blessed with love, as was yesterday, my birthday.  Today, I watched my little man open his Valentine's Day gift from his Nana.  He got a tricycle on Sunday when we were over at their house, and today was a bag of treats and a card.  He was so excited, he couldn't even get all the way onto the couch to sit and open it. 


And then, he fell off the couch. 



He was fine, don't worry.

I made a gift for the Husband.  It was easy, inexpensive, and it turned out lovely.  I took a square votive holder from the dollar store, used Armor Etch to etch a band around it, put a smaller votive holder inside it, and filled the space in between with a zillion punched out hearts in red, white, and pink.  I used white and red ribbon to tie a heart shaped "Love" charm left over from my scrapbooking days over the etched band.  In went a pink votive, and there you have it!  Everything I needed, I had on hand and the only time consuming part was punching out all the hearts.  I think it looks pretty!







The best part is, if I want, I can punch out other shapes, change the ribbon and make it fit any holiday or season!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment