Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Success! Butternut Squash

Last nights dinner was both successful, and not.  The butternut squash was yummy, and I'm so glad my impromptu side dish went well.  I cubed it, and sauteed it with garlic and olive oil.  The recipe I found for my cooking directions advised it would take 20 minutes, which I planned for.  However, it was a liar.  I had to put them in a bowl and nuke them for about 4 minutes after the rest of the dinner was ready, and they were not.  They were very tasty!

Cubed and in the pan!

On my plate, now get in my belly!


The part that didn't work was the main course.  A friend/business associate of the Husband's gave him some steelhead trout.  We baked it according to the directions he gave, and it tasted delish.  The problem was that it "shouldn't have any bones" in it.  The Husband's portion didn't have bones.  Mine had 5 or 6.  I have this weird thing about bones in fish.  It makes me want to gag, and then I can't finish it.  I wanted to, and I tried to, but I couldn't.  I'm kind of like a child.  Actually, I'm worse than a child.  Colin ate his fish, and then asked for more.  I gave him mine...sans bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment